Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on April 9, 2021.
- Audio CD - 2-4 hours Instructions
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- WILLIAM "BARRY" INMAN, BA-BS, CIC
- PESI HealthCare
- 4/9/2021 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Analyze what we continue to learn regarding the modes of transmission.
- Determine the risk factors that correlate to complications of COVID-19.
- Appraise the best treatments for COVID-19 complications.
- Differentiate between the vaccines for COVID-19 in detail (mRNA & vector associated).
- Respond confidently to patient questions regarding safety of the COVID-19 vaccines.
Risk Factors for COVID-19 and Influenza
Testing for COVID and Influenza
- Contact with known case of COVID-19
- Real risks for healthcare workers
- Do not come to work ill-no excuse!!
- 65 years of age or older
- Re-admission rates: What is going wrong?
- The overlap with our typical influenza season
Critical Infection Control Standards – Keep Your Patients, Yourself and Your Family Safe
- Antigen vs PCR
- Antibody testing
- Influenza –like precautions
- Disinfecting and isolation
- Personnel protective equipment – Use and re-use guidelines
- Travel time may be extended
- Is it safe to travel?
- Testing before air travel
- Cruise ships-when or if?
Transmission of COVID-19
- Does the environment play a major role in transmission?
- Lipid vs nonlipid microorganisms
- Appropriate disinfectants
Prevention from Infection for Healthcare Workers
- Days vs. weeks
- Asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic
- Antibody testing and immunity
- Reinfection possibilities
Possible COVID-19 Treatment and Vaccines
- Social distancing at work
- Lunch and social distancing
- DON and Duff PPEs
- Masks: N-95 vs. Surgical
- Keep hands from face
- Being well vaccinated-not just COVID vaccine!
Treatments for Influenza and Vaccines
- Casirivimab and Imdevimab
- Antibody infusion – Bamlanivimab
Vaccine Influenza COVID-19
- Egg based vs recombinant or cell culture vaccine
Strategies to Overcome Vaccine Hesitancy
- Associated vector and mRNA types
- Other vaccines platforms
- Side effects
- Science vs fiction
- Be truthful about possible side effects
- Herd immunity
- I’ve had COVID-19, should I get the vaccine?
- Will the COVID-19 vaccine be needed annually
WILLIAM "BARRY" INMAN, BA-BS, CIC
William "Barry" Inman has 40 years of experience as an epidemiologist, working for a busy health department in Florida. In his current role, Barry is responsible for control of communicable diseases through surveillance and investigation methods, working directly with the infection control personnel in hospitals, long-term care, acute long-term care, and NASA. He advises concerning appropriate precautions/management strategies and assists infectious disease physicians in the diagnosis of uncommon or exotic diseases by working as a liaison between the Department of Health in Florida and the CDC.
Barry has vast experience in outbreak mitigation and prevention, whether within a healthcare facility, in the community or on a cruise ship. His expertise has been sought for a variety of outbreaks, including: rubella, influenza, legionnaire's disease, measles, pertussis, norovirus and multi-drug resistant microorganism (MRSA, CRE, ESBL). Numerous awards have been bestowed upon Barry for his contributions to minimize the effects of constantly evolving infectious diseases.
Financial: William B. Inman has an employment relationship with Brevard County Health Department. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: William B. Inman has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
The planning committee and staff who controlled the content of this activity have no relevant financial relationships to disclose. For speaker disclosures, please see speaker bios.
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.