Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on December 13, 2019.
- DVD Video - 1-2 hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JONATHAN S. HENDERSON, PT, DPT, C/NDT
- PESI Rehab
- 12/13/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Explain key concepts and principles therapists can apply to help patients develop a more normal gait pattern
- Review normal gait pattern and the gait cycle
- Assess problems with the neurological involved gait pattern
- Demonstrate examination, analysis, and treatment strategies for patients who have altered gait mechanics and lower extremity weakness
Normal vs Abnormal Gait in a Nutshell
How to Quickly Identify the Underlying Cause of Abnormal Gait
Upgrade Your Rehab Toolbox with the Latest Gait Training Methods
Practical Applications for Common Functional Tasks
Design Your Own Solutions with Guided Case Scenarios
- Effective techniques to:
- Return patients to a more normal gait pattern
- Engage and activate weak muscles
- Engage trunk and arms during the gait cycle
- Prevent falls
- Improve balance and posture
- Enhance performance of functional tasks
- Case scenario: Develop an effective treatment approach for the hemiparetic gait pattern
- Case scenario: Overcome barriers to strategy implementation related to physically demanding patients
JONATHAN S. HENDERSON, PT, DPT, C/NDT
Jonathan Henderson, PT, DPT, C/NDT, is an expert in stroke rehabilitation, who brings a unique clinical eye to treating patients with neurological deficits, honed from his experience in both acute care and inpatient rehab settings. He maintains a busy outpatient clinical practice in Memphis, TN, which focuses on providing neurological and orthopedic care to older adults and is a Credentialed Clinical Instructor (CCI) and has served as Director of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Concorde Career College.
Dr. Henderson travels nationally to present seminars on stroke rehabilitation, and he is known for his dynamic, hands-on teaching style. He earned his Doctor of Physical Therapy from Alabama State University, and he is also certified in Neuro-Developmental Treatment with a focus on stroke and brain injury rehab. He is an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Neurodevelopmental Treatment Association (NDTA), and the American Academy of Physical Therapy (AAPT).
Financial: Jonathan Henderson is owner of Bartlett NeuroRehab Physical Therapy. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jonathan Henderson is a member of the American Academy of Physical Therapy; the American Physical Therapy Association; and the Neuro Development Treatment Association.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Activity Professionals
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.