Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on December 6, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- TERESA WESTERBUR, OTR/L
- PESI Rehab
- 12/6/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Discuss the latest advances in assistive technology and their implications for therapy.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive assessment, identifying impairments that can be addressed with assistive technology.
- Integrate the most effective assistive technology solutions available for restoring function and improving communication.
- Combine multiple approaches for better outcomes, including virtual reality, wearables, robotics, task modification, and creative, low-tech interventions.
- Design effective, innovative plans of care for a wide range of diagnoses, including cerebral palsy, Lou Gehrig’s, muscular dystrophy, stroke, limb deformities, congenital disorders, and sensory impairments.
- Apply the assessments and adaptations discussed in this seminar to a series of interactive case scenarios.
Hands-On Lab: Today’s Best of Tech
How to Assess Assistive Technology Needs for A Variety of Impairments
- Explore cutting-edge technology for your patients
- Virtual reality
- Augmented reality
- Eye-gaze computer access
- Head tracking devices
- Switches for scanning and writing
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC)
- Wheelchair devices
- Mounting systems
- Keyboards and mice
Hands-On Lab: Innovative Assistive Technology Solutions You Can Use To:
- Sensory impairment
- Motor impairment
- Loss of limb or deformity
- Writing and communication challenges
- Executive function
- Nerve degeneration
Budget Your Way to Better Outcomes
- Empower patients to achieve their goals
- Increase functional independence
- Manage sensory and motor impairments
- Enhance writing and communication
- Reduce spasticity and tremors
- Enhance performance of ADLs
- Accommodate for tone
- Manage ataxia
- Increase mobility
- Enhance academic performance and productivity
- Improve executive function
Develop Comprehensive Solutions for Common Diagnoses
- Creative, outside-the-box solutions
- Low tech/no tech interventions
- Easy environmental modifications
- Task modifications
- How to secure funding for assistive technology
- Funding support resources
Don’t Leave Money on The Table!
- Cerebral palsy
- Lou Gehrig’s
- Muscular dystrophy
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Limb deformity
- Congenital disorders
- Blindness and vision loss
- Deafness and hearing loss
- Learning disabilities
- Developmental delays
Case Studies: Put Knowledge to Practice
- Coding and billing updates for assistive technology
- Justify therapy with the right progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
- Case study 1: Develop an advanced plan of care for a student with cerebral palsy
- Case study 2: Recommend communication options for an adult with ALS
- Case study 3: Overcome cost and environmental barriers to effective strategy implementation
- Case study 4: Think outside the box – identify resources and design a therapy plan for a patient who falls outside the norm
TERESA WESTERBUR, OTR/L
Teresa Westerbur, OTR/L, is an expert in assistive technology with over 30 years of experience helping patients of all ages achieve their functional goals with cutting-edge support. She works as the owner of Technology Access, Inc., which specializes in providing assistive technologies for a wide variety of clients.
Ms. Westerbur travels nationally to present seminars on assistive technology and is known for providing hands-on learning experiences that empower attendees to achieve greater results through innovation. She earned her degree in occupational therapy from Indiana University and also holds a Certificate in Assistive Technology Applications from California State University-Northridge, where she received 100 hours of intensive training in AT across all areas.
Financial: Teresa Westerbur is the owner of Technology Access, Inc. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Teresa Westerbur has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Speech Pathologists
- Athletic Trainers
- Nurse Practitioners
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.