Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on December 6, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- NANCY KROLIKOWSKI, OTD, OTR/L, CHT
- PESI Rehab
- 12/6/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Discuss the latest advances in upper extremity rehabilitation and their implications for your patients.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive assessment, identifying and differentiating root causes of pain and impairment.
- Integrate the most effective interventions available for restoring function and reducing pain, edema, weakness, and fatigue caused by tendinopathy and nerve compression.
- Combine multiple approaches for better outcomes, including strengthening and conditioning exercises, myofascial release, joint mobilization, therapeutic modalities, occupational profiling and task modification.
- Design effective, innovative plans of care for a wide range of upper extremity diagnoses.
- Apply the assessment and interventions discussed in this seminar to a series of interactive case scenarios.
Hot Topics and Innovations in Upper Extremity Rehab
Hands-On Lab: Upgrade Your Assessment and Clinical Reasoning Skills
- Give your patients the benefit of cutting edge research and treatments
Hands-On Lab: Revolutionize Your Rehab Toolbox
- Get to the root causes of impairments faster with the best evaluations for:
- Muscle weakness
- Burning sensation
- Locking and snapping fingers
- Decreased AROM
How to Combine Techniques More Effectively for Better Outcomes
- Practice effective techniques you can use immediately to:
- Resolve pain and paresthesia
- Reduce edema
- Improve tissue extensibility
- Strengthen and condition muscles without increasing inflammation
- Enhance endurance
- Modify tasks and workstations to prevent recurrence
- Improve self-management skills
Hands-On Lab: Design Advanced, Innovative Plans of Care for Your Patients
- Provocative testing
- Myofascial assessment
- Myofascial release
- Joint mobilization
- Thermal modalities
- Occupational profiling
- Task modifications
- Workstation and equipment modifications
- Patient education
- Self-care techniques
- Strengthening approaches
Case Studies: Put Knowledge to Practice
- Practice developing comprehensive treatment strategies for common impairments, including:
- De Quervain’s syndrome
- Trigger finger
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Pronator syndrome
- Intersection syndrome
- Myofascial pain
- PIP joint sprain/strain
Don’t Leave Money on the Table!
- Case study 1: Correctly select the root cause of impairment
- Case study 2: Problem solve a complex hand injury and develop an effective treatment plan
- Case study 3: Develop an advanced plan of care for a patient with severe carpal tunnel syndrome
- Case study 5: Overcome barriers to effective strategy implementation
- Coding and billing updates for upper extremity diagnoses
- Justify therapy with the right progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
NANCY KROLIKOWSKI, OTD, OTR/L, CHT
Nancy Krolikowski, OTD, OTR/L, CHT, is an expert in hand therapy, with over 40 years of experience helping countless patients recover lost function and return to the activities they value. Over the years, she has owned two hand therapy practices and managed the hand therapy department of a major national upper extremity trauma center.
Dr. Krolikowski travels internationally to present seminars on hand and upper extremity management and is known for her engaging approach to teaching. A graduate of South University West Palm Beach’s doctoral program, she continues her clinical work at Sentara Health Care, and she serves as program director for the OTA program at her alma mater’s Virginia Beach location.
Financial: Nancy Krolikowski is the director of the occupational therapy assistant program at South University. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Nancy Krolikowski has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Strength and Conditioning Specialists
- Exercise Physiologists
- Nurse Practitioners
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.