Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on November 22, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- JOSH GERRITY, OTR/L, CHT
- PESI Rehab
- 11/22/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Discuss the latest advances in hand therapy and their implications for rehab.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive assessment, identifying and differentiating root causes of pain and impairment.
- Integrate the most effective intervention available for restoring function and reducing pain, edema and scarring.
- Combine multiple approaches for better outcomes, including exercises to improve ROM, strength, and endurance, as well as taping and other modalities.
- Design effective, innovative plans of care for a wide range of hand impairments and diagnoses.
- Apply the assessments and interventions discussed in this seminar to a series of interactive case scenarios.
Hot Topics in Hand Therapy
HANDS-ON LAB: Upgrade Your Assessment and Clinical Reasoning Skills
- Give your patients the benefit of cutting edge research and treatments
HANDS-ON LAB: Revolutionize Your Rehab Toolbox for Hand and Wrist Impairments
- Identify key hand and wrist anatomy as it relates to pathology
- Get to the root causes of impairments faster with the best evaluations for:
- Range of motion
- Muscle testing
- Skin condition
HANDS-ON LAB: Combine Techniques More Effectively for Better Outcomes
- Practice effective techniques you can use immediately to:
- Eliminate pain
- Improve strength, coordination and endurance
- Restore ROM
- Manage edema and scarring
- Increase function
- Enhance independence and patient confidence
HANDS-ON LAB: Design Advanced, Innovative Plans of Care for Your Patients
- Edema control
- Pain control
- Range of motion exercises
- Home program instruction
- Scar management
- Strengthening exercises
- Endurance exercises
- Paraffin baths
- Contrast baths
- Kinesiology tape
CASE STUDIES: Put Knowledge to Practice
- Practice developing comprehensive treatment strategies for common impairments, including:
- Carpal tunnel
- Sprains and strains
- Trigger finger
- Gamekeeper’s thumb
- Tendon injuries
- Hand edema
- De Quervain’s disease
- Boutonniére and swan neck deformities
- Sagittal band injuries
- Triangular fibrocartilage injuries
- Ligament injuries and disruptions
- Crush injuries
Don’t Leave Money on the Table!
- Case study 1: Correctly select the root cause of impairment
- Case study 2: Problem solve a complex hand injury and develop an effective treatment plan
- Case study 3: Develop an advanced plan of care for a patient with De Quervain’s
- Case study 4: Overcome barriers to effective strategy implementation
- Coding and billing updates
- Justify therapy with the right progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
JOSH GERRITY, OTR/L, CHT
Josh Gerrity, OTR/L, CHT, is an expert in hand therapy with over 18 years of experience helping patients recover from hand and wrist impairments and return to normal daily function. Certified in hand therapy, he currently practices at the Bone and Joint Center in Bismarck, ND, where he works with a group of hand specialists and orthopedic surgeons.
Mr. Gerrity travels nationally to present seminars on hand therapy, and he is known for his dynamic, hands-on teaching style. He serves as a guest lecturer on rehabilitation of hand pathologies for the University of Mary, his alma mater, and he also participates in a biannual Orthopedic Update Seminar held in Bismarck for therapists, physicians, and nurses in the North Dakota, South Dakota, and Montana region.
Financial: Josh Gerrity has an employment relationship with Bone and Joint Center. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Josh Gerrity has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Strength and Conditioning Specialists
- Exercise Physiologists
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.