includes free shipping
Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on September 23, 2019.
- DVD Video - 8+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- DEBORA CHASSE, DPT, WCS, CLT
- PESI Rehab
- 9/23/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Develop strategies for creating safe environments and discussing sensitive medical concerns.
- Outline strategies for providing culturally competent care and supporting trauma survivors.
- Demonstrate evaluation methods for pregnancy/postpartum complications, pelvic floor dysfunction, lymphedema, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, and impairments related to breast cancer treatment.
- Demonstrate interventions for reducing pelvic pain and managing pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Demonstrate interventions for resolving bladder hyperactivity and incontinence.
- Demonstrate interventions for reducing low back pain related to pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Demonstrate interventions for rebuilding core muscles and stability after childbirth.
- Demonstrate interventions for pain, swelling, ROM, fatigue, and functional impairments in patients undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
- Demonstrate interventions or reducing pain and improving strength, flexibility, and stamina in patients with fibromyalgia.
- Demonstrate interventions for controlling swelling, decreasing fluid buildup, and preventing infections in patients with lymphedema.
- Demonstrate interventions for decreasing bone loss, protecting the spine, reducing fall risk, and increasing mobility in patients with osteoporosis.
- Demonstrate dynamic neurocognitive imagery techniques for helping patients identify and recruit the correct muscles during exercises.
- Discuss strategies for more effectively combining multiple modalities during treatment, therapeutic exercise, soft tissue mobilization, lymphatic drainage, trigger point release, mindfulness, and dynamic cognitive imagery (Franklin Method).
- Develop comprehensive treatment strategies for specific impairments.
- Apply evaluation and treatment techniques demonstrated throughout the course to case scenarios.
- Discuss the latest advances in women’s health and their implications for treatment.
- Review coding, billing, and documentation for women’s health.
- Discuss strategies for specialization, professional networking, and health programming in women’s health.
WHAT EVERY CLINICIAN NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT WOMEN’S HEALTH
KEYS TO TREATING SENSITIVE ISSUES WITH CONFIDENCE
- Why women’s health skills are the missing link
- Top 10 mistakes clinicians make with female patients
- How training in women’s health can benefit any caseload
UPGRADE YOUR ASSESSMENT AND CLINICAL REASONING SKILLS
- How to create save environments and open dialogues
- Tips for discussing sensitive medical, emotional, and trauma history
- Reveal critical information that can change the course of treatment
- Sharpen your sensitive listening skills
- Support survivors with a trauma-informed approach
- Culturally competent care strategies every clinician should know
EXPAND YOUR CLINICAL TOOLBOX FOR WOMEN’S HEALTH
- Get to the root cause of impairments faster with better evaluation techniques for:
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic floor and bladder function
- Pre- and post-natal issues
- Scar mobility
- Lymphatic swelling and inflammation
- Functional strength and mobility
- Bone integrity
- Balance and fall risk
- Age-related degeneration
HOW TO EFFECTIVELY COMBINE MULTIPLE MODALITIES FOR BETTER RESULTS
- Effective techniques you can use immediately
- Pregnancy/postpartum interventions to:
- Manage low back pain
- Prevent tearing during childbirth
- Reduce pelvic pain and muscle tightness
- Improve scar mobilization
- Rebuild core muscles and stability
- Pelvic floor interventions to:
- Resolve pelvic and related back pain
- Calm bladder hyperactivity
- Resolve incontinence
- Retrain pelvic floor muscles
- Breast cancer interventions to:
- Reduce pain and lymphatic swelling
- Restore ROM, strength, endurance and energy
- Manage functional impairments
- Lymphedema interventions to:
- Control swelling and edema
- Improve lymphatic flow
- Decrease fluid buildup
- Prevent infections
- Support swollen areas
- Fibromyalgia interventions to:
- Reduce pain and fatigue
- Increase strength, flexibility and stamina
- Decrease environmental stress on the body
- Combat “fibro fog” – improve focus, attention and concentration
- Osteoporosis interventions to:
- Build bone and decrease bone loss
- Protect the spine from fracture
- Reduce fall risk
- Increase mobility
DESIGN ROBUST, INNOVATIVE PLANS OF CARE FOR YOUR PATIENTS
- Dynamic neurocognitive imagery/Franklin Method
- Breathing exercises
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Trigger point release
- Lymphatic drainage
CODING, BILLING, AND DOCUMENTATION FOR WOMEN’S HEALTH
- Comprehensive treatment strategies for specific impairments, including:
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Vaginal tears
- Sexual health
- Bladder hyperfunction
- Diastasis recti/transverse abdominus
- Radiation scarring
CASE STUDIES: PUT KNOWLEDGE TO PRACTICE
- Justify treatment with the right progress measures and documentation
- How to maximize your reimbursement
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
HOT TOPICS AND INNOVATIONS IN WOMEN’S HEALTH
- Case study 1: Stabilize abdominal muscles and decrease pregnancy-related pain
- Case study 2: Successfully treat incontinence
- Case study 3: Improve tissue mobility and joint motion with a breast cancer patient
- Case study 4: Manage lymphatic swelling with a breast cancer survivor
- Case study 5: Reduce pain and fatigue related to fibromyalgia
- Case study 6: Safeguard the spine in a patient with osteoporosis
HOW TO BECOME YOUR REGION’S GO-TO WOMEN’S HEALTH SPECIALIST
- Give your patients the benefits of cutting edge research
- The insider’s guide to specialization and professional networking
- Key components of a world-class women’s health program
DEBORA CHASSE, DPT, WCS, CLT
Debora Chasse, PT, DPT, WCS, CLT, is an expert in women’s health with over 20 years of experience helping women recover from pregnancy/postpartum complications, pelvic floor dysfunction, breast cancer, lymphedema, fibromyalgia and osteoporosis.
Among the first to receive the APTA’s Board Certification in Women’s Health, Dr. Chasse travels nationally to present seminars on women’s health topics, and she is known for her dynamic, hands-on teaching style. In addition, she has served on the Specialization Academy of Content Experts and was a writer for the APTA pelvic pain certification courses. Dr. Chasse earned her doctorate in physical therapy from Loma Linda University, where she also began teaching in 2000, and she holds additional certifications in Complete Lymphatic Therapy and Matrix Repatterning.
Financial: Debora Chasse is the owner of Function Ability Physical Therapy. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Debora Chasse has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Rehab Directors
- Rehab Managers
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.