Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on May 9, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- RENEE DAVIS, MSN, RN-BC
- PESI Inc.
- 5/9/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Implement gamified strategies for more engaging, interactive professional orientations and educational offerings.
- Distinguish between instructor-centered and learner-centric teaching modalities.
- Explain the relevance of active learning as it relates to improved staff engagement, content retention, staff competency validation, and patient care outcomes.
- Formulate strategies, inclusive of educational technology integration, that will improve learner engagement.
- Plan educational offerings, that include mobile devices, that can be implemented for just-in-time learning, department specific in-services, or even house-wide events.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of interactive educational programming on staff learning outcomes.
- Choose the educational technology and gamification platforms that work for your specific training needs.
What's Trending in Professional Development?
What Does the Evidence Say?
- Learner experience
- Brain-based learning
Discovering the Age of Technology
- Impetus for the integration of educational technology
- Future of Nursing IOM (now known as National Academy of Medicine) Report—still relevant 8 years later
- Nursing Professional Development (NPD) Practice Model
- Shifts in learner preferences
- The changing healthcare landscape
Inquiring Minds Want to Know
- Mobile learning—What is it, and considerations related to its use for learning and development
- Technology and teaching innovations
- Generations & the connected age
Understanding and Overcoming Tech Challenges
- Demonstration of gaming platforms and games
- Game mechanics of each platform inclusive of tracking and reporting
- Review of free vs. fee—based features-get major impact without spending major dollars
- System requirements—what about your learning management system (LMS) and its role with these gaming tools?
- Technology/Gaming limitations
- Digital/Technological literacy of Nursing Staff Development Specialists/Faculty
- Digital literacy of the learner
- Lack of prep and/or familiarity with the gaming or educational technology platform
- Formal vs. informal education delivery
Preparing for the Tech Changes Ahead
- Importance of data tracking
- Qualitative feedback
- Proven outcomes after education technology integration
- Thinking differently about our education delivery methods
- Increased faculty development
- Remembering the power of orientation programs
- Seek innovation: Technological evolution in Nursing Professional Development and Academia
- Future projections: Virtual reality and social media for learning
RENEE DAVIS, MSN, RN-BC
Renee Davis, MSN, RN-BC, has spent many years as an educator in both nursing professional development and academia and maintains her certification as a Nursing Professional Development Specialist. During her initial nursing years at the bedside, she worked in a variety of mainly medical-surgical settings, such as rehab/orthopedic, home care, short stay/ambulatory surgery, and neurosurgery. As an educator, she gained incredible insights as the lead learning management system contact, support and education coordinator for system-wide nursing education within a centralized, corporate education department of a multi-facility health system. Those experiences helped her to develop into a nursing educational technology integration expert. She is currently an independent consultant with her company, ProDevo Design and Consulting Group, as well as an online adjunct lecturer.
Renee has conducted national and local presentations on the utilization and integration of educational technology in nursing academia and professional development. Her most recent national presentation was at the 2018 Association for Nursing Professional Development Annual Convention, where she conducted an interactive session on gamification and increased integration of educational technology in Nursing Professional Orientation.
Financial: Renee Davis is the owner of ProDevo Design and Consulting Group. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Renee David has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Nurses working in professional/staff development, academia, leadership/management
- Unit-based educators from a variety of settings: hospitals, long-term/skilled nursing facilities, home care, outpatient/ambulatory practices.
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.