includes free shipping
Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on April 25, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- CHERYL HERRMANN, RN, MS, APN, CCRN, CCNS-CSC/CMC
- PESI HealthCare
- 4/25/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Analyze EKG changes associated with ischemia, injury and infarction patterns.
- Specify the features of right bundle branch block from the features of left bundle branch block.
- Evaluate axis deviation and the implications for clinical practice.
- Assess common cardiac and pulmonary disorders using the chest x-ray.
- Detect the placement of invasive lines on chest x-rays.
- Develop a systematic approach to chest x-ray interpretation.
- Incorporate the clinical pearls of EKG and chest x-ray interpretation into daily practice.
Part I: The ABCs of 12-Lead EKG Interpretation
The 12-Lead EKG
Ace the Axis
- Cardiac electrical conduction system
- Electrical vectors
- Normal polarity & P-QRS-T configuration of each lead
Beat the Bundles
- Left & right axis deviation
- Causes & criteria
- Methods of determining axis deviation
- Clinical applications
Correlate the Coronary Anatomy
- Right & left bundle branch blocks
- Causes & complications
- Left anterior & left posterior hemiblocks
Differential Diagnosis in Acute Coronary Syndrome
- The coronary arteries
- Left ventricular walls
- Relationship to the 12-lead
Putting it all Together
- Ischemia, injury & infarction patterns
- Reciprocal changes
- STEMI vs. NSTEMI
- Coronary spasm
- Takotsubo cardiomyopathy
- The 30-second diagnosis
- Coronary angiographic correlation
- Presentations, analysis & clinical applications
Part II: Chest X-Ray Interpretation as Easy as Black & White
The Chest X-Ray
- Atrial & ventricular hypertrophy
- WPW – Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- Prolonged QT intervals
- Black & white principles
As Easy as Black
- Bone structures & Intercostal spaces
- Soft tissues & vasculature
- Pleural surfaces
- Heart & great vessels
- Invasive lines
As Easy as White
- Identifying pneumothorax & subcutaneous emphysema
- Treatment priorities
Beyond the Basics
- Pleural Effusion
- Pulmonary Edema
- Cardiac Tamponade
- Clinical applications & interventions
- Identification & Initial Treatment of:
- Aortic aneurysm
- Post-op changes with pneumonectomy
CHERYL HERRMANN, RN, MS, APN, CCRN, CCNS-CSC/CMC
Cheryl Herrmann shares her vast cardiac knowledge and experience to provide an interactive, dynamic, high-energy and easy-to-understand seminar. Her 35+ years of clinical experience include 15 years as a bedside critical care nurse and over 20 years as a Cardiac Clinical Nurse Specialist with hospitalized and clinical cardiac medical and surgical patients. In addition, Cheryl is a Prehospital RN for the local ambulance service. She is a popular speaker for local, regional and national conferences, including presenting at the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, NTI, for the past 10 years. Cheryl has also been a team leader for medical-dental teams going to Mexico and participated in a Critical Care Nursing Ambassador program to China.
Cheryl is a published author and a previous recipient of the American Association of Critical Care Nurse Circle of Excellence - Excellent Clinical Nurse Specialist Award. She presents material in a way that all health professionals caring for the cardiac patient, regardless of where they are in the continuum, take home valuable pearls of wisdom and new skills.
Financial: Cheryl D. Herrmann has an employment relationship with UnityPoint Health Cardiology. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Cheryl D. Herrmann is a member of the Illinois Society of Advanced Practice Nurses and National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Nurse Practitioners
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Physician Assistants
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.