Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on March 28, 2019.
- DVD Video - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc DVD recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- VANESSA RUIZ, ND, RN-BSN
- PESI HealthCare
- 3/28/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Differentiate between conventional and natural management of common illnesses.
- Determine the risk/benefit ratio between conventional and natural approaches to illnesses.
- Explore chronic disease management using nutrition, nutritional supplementation, botanical medicine, physical medicine and energetic medicine.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of using natural therapies in chronic disease.
- Explore the clinical efficacy of vitamins/minerals in the management of chronic disease.
- Analyze patients' use of vitamins and herbs for common side effects and medication interactions.
- Choose reputable educational resources to further your knowledge of natural therapies.
Emerging Trends in Healthcare: Natural and Alternative Medicine
Explore Evidence-Based Natural Management of Common Illnesses
- Making the case for natural medicine: When it's effective; when it's not
- Explore different alternative modalities
- Water therapy and energetic therapies
- Vitamins as cofactors for biochemical pathways
- Why minerals are important to therapeutic protocols
Furthering Your Education on Natural Medicine
- Diabetes: Optimal diets and supplements for reducing HgBA1c
- Arthritis: Management of chronic pain through physical medicine, water therapy, nutrition, herbs and vitamins
- Hypertension and Congestive Heart Failure: Explore nutritional protocols, exercises and herbal supplementation to be considered in the treatment plan
- Hypothyroidism?: How nutrition, lifestyle factors, vitamin and herbal interventions can optimize thyroid hormone function
- Insomnia: Improve sleep duration and quality through vitamin/herbal supplementation
- Herbal/vitamin side effects with commonly used sedatives
- Cancer: Supplements to avoid when a patient is on chemotherapy and interventions to minimize side effects of chemotherapy
- Asthma: Nutritional and herbal interventions to minimize asthma exacerbations
- Common Colds/Influenza?: Analyze herbal supplements that minimize symptoms, boost immune system and reduce duration of colds
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome?: Explore optimal diets, herbs and vitamins to manage IBS
- Depression/Anxiety?: How to manage mood through nutrition and herbal interventions
- Hypercholesteremia?: Nutritional protocols and supplements to minimize LDL/VLDL and maximize HDL.
- Which supplements interact with commonly-prescribed medications.
- Surgical Management?: Which herbs/vitamins to avoid pre/post-surgery and interventions to optimize surgical healing
- Supplementation: Why quality matters
- Continuing education: Best educational resources to learn more about natural medicine
- Incorporating natural therapies into your own life
- Understanding scope of practice and safely practicing using natural therapies
VANESSA RUIZ, ND, RN-BSN
Vanessa Ruiz is a naturopathic physician and registered nurse. She utilizes natural therapies in an integrative setting at Integrative Mental Health Center in Scottsdale, Arizona. Dr. Ruiz specializes in natural therapies for both behavioral health and medical conditions. She earned her doctorate of naturopathic medicine at Southwest College in Tempe, Arizona, and her nursing degree from Stony Brook University, New York. She has been featured in YRM Podcast and the "Dig Deep Documentary". She has been a practicing nurse for over 10 years, in the areas of pediatrics, geriatrics and global health. She is the founder of Nurses for Natural Health, an organization dedicated to educating and empowering nurses in natural health. In her spare time, she volunteers for the Medical Reserve Corps of New York, Naturopaths without Borders and Homeopaths without Borders.
Financial: Vanessa Ruiz is a physician at Enliven Mental Health Center. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Vanessa Ruiz is a member of the Psych ANP.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Nurse Practitioners
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Dietitians Nutritionists
- Diabetes Educators
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.