Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on March 26, 2019.
- Audio CD - 4+ hours
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- DR. CHAD M. THOMPSON, PT, DPT, OCS, CEAS
- PESI Rehab
- 3/26/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Summarize the commonly-experienced condition of degenerative joint disease.
- Explain focused history taking techniques and examination methods to create diagnostic skills for evaluation of upper and lower extremity degenerative joints.
- Analyze the decision-making processes regarding conservative and surgical treatment options for patients with degenerative joints.
- Evaluate the methods most effective to educate patients regarding: the arthritic process, treatment options, recovery steps, and long-term expectations.
- Compare the recovery and rehabilitation stages to best counsel patients.
- Design a treatment program for acute as well as outpatient clients.
Usefulness of Diagnostic Testing
Can We Cure Arthritis?
- What to Ask for - and Why?
- Predictive Quality of the Diagnostic Test
- Value of MRI vs. X-ray
- Interrupting Lab Tests to Assist with Exercise Prescription
- OA vs. JRA vs. RA vs. Gout
- DMARD and Bio DMARD
- Medication Management
- Inflammation Management
Techniques to Maintain Mobility
- Sliver Sneakers
- Building Your Rehab Team
- Ergonomics for Work and Home
- Form Equals Function
- Positional Awareness
Physical/Occupational Therapy Management
- Motion is Lotion
- Muscle Imbalances
- Joint Stability
- Dietary Supplements
- Super Foods vs. OTC Supplements
Improve Function in a Single Visit?
- Cost Analysis
- Home Health vs. Rehab vs. Outpatient Care
- Why Pre-hab?
- Should We Shop for Joint Replacement
Clinical Measure of Success
- The Impact of Corrected Postures
- Restoration of Joint Mechanics
- Scar Care
- Active and Passive Insufficiency Explained
- Address Muscle Insufficiencies
- Targeted Exercise Selection
- 3-D Gait Analysis (Case Discussions)
- Intervention Pitfalls
- Addressing Power and Functional Strength
- Strength to Body Weight
- Functional Outcome Measures
- Predictive Values
- Successful Discharge Criteria
- Exercise Prescription
- Patient Rehab
- Outreach Transitional Program
- Outpatient Care
- Recovery: 1+ year Lower Quarter Total Joint, 2-year Shoulder Recovery
- Activity Guidelines
- Quality of Life
- Advocate for Your Client
DR. CHAD M. THOMPSON, PT, DPT, OCS, CEAS
Chad M. Thompson PT, DPT, OCS, is the director for the Kentucky Orthopedic Rehab Team (KORT), Georgetown, Kentucky location. Chad has nearly 30 years of experience working with joint rehabilitation in both acute and outpatient phases. He is APTA Board Certified in orthopedics and contributes to the specialty through the development of written treatment protocols. His expertise has been sought for audiences across the United States of experienced rehab professionals on a variety of degenerative and total joint topics. He consults on legal cases involving physical therapy malpractice and has served as an expert witness as well. In addition, Chad is a clinical instructor for the University of Kentucky, University of Louisville and assists in supervising the Samaritan Free Clinic. This clinic allows students to assess and treat underserved patients under the supervision of a PT.
Financial: Chad Thompson is Director of Outpatient Physical Therapy at KORT Physical Therapy Clinic. He has stock holdings with Bristol Meyer Squibb in a 401K retirement plan with Select Medical Corporation. Mr. Thompson receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Chad Thompson has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Orthopaedic Nurses
- Physician Assistants
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Exercise Physiologists
- Personal Trainers
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.