Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on March 21, 2019.
- Audio CD - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- SARA LEFKOWITZ, MPA, BSN, RN
- PESI HealthCare
- 3/21/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Practice in-the-moment stress reduction techniques.
- Evaluate the long-term benefits of a regular meditation practice.
- Analyze compassion practices that help nurses regulate emotional distress.
- Choose ways the nurse can professionally respond to workplace bullies.
- Establish techniques to increase teamwork and cooperation in the workplace.
- Discover strategies to bring closure to the workday.
- Develop a plan to increase self-care and wellness in your life.
Unrelenting Stress Kills
Managing the Demanding Patient
- Self-evaluate: Identify your thorniest work stressors
- Discover ten in-the-moment stress busters
- Stress is a given, but what do you want your response to look like?
Strategies for Stressful Work Overload
- De-escalate any situation with nonviolent communication strategies
- Consider… the impact of uncertainty, lack of information and loss of control
- The two parts of communication: Expressing honestly and listening empathically
Techniques to Bring Calm in High Acuity and Emergency Scenarios
- Identify your triggers for emotional nursing distress: Maslach Burnout Inventory
- The Burnout Triad: Depersonalization, overwhelm and loss of personal efficacy
- De-stress in the middle of a busy shift
- Time management skills
Handle Unsupportive or Abusive Co-Workers
- Processing intense emotions: It's not for the faint of heart
- Create a 'Calm Kit' to get you back in the zone
Increase Job Satisfaction with Caring, Compassion and Gratitude Exercises
- How to say what you want, get what you need and not irritate everyone along the way
- Managing bullying and blaming
- Communication practice scenarios:
- You want to tell a co-worker that she really needs to step it up at work
- A co-worker is blaming you for a poor patient outcome
- You need help with a patient today and no one working is very approachable
- Team-building strategies to increase support and cooperation
Achieve a Healthy Balance Between Home and Work
- Discover compassion: The road between caring too much and being too burnt out to care
- Don't let mind traps/habitual thinking get you stuck
- Are you experiencing empathic distress?
- Attributes of resiliency
Sleep Disturbances and Anxiety
- How personal, interpersonal and organizational factors contribute to overall burnout
- Give yourself kindness
- Name and process your emotions
Red Flags: Self-Evaluation for Excessive Stress and Burnout
- Current best practices for shift work/sleep cycles
- Quiet your mind so the work day does not replay
- Strategies to bring closure to the workday
- Distinguish between venting, complaining and processing the workday
- Meditation and the link to workplace outcomes
- Apply self-care - your most important survival strategy!
SARA LEFKOWITZ, MPA, BSN, RN
Sara Lefkowitz is a dynamic and engaging speaker who presents highly-acclaimed seminars on Stress Reduction for Nurses throughout the United States. She has firsthand knowledge of the challenges that nurses face through her years working in large urban hospitals on Medical Surgical Units and in the Emergency Department. She did this while being a wife and mother, and understands the difficulties of juggling family and career responsibilities.
In 2013, Sara undertook a course of study to learn practical techniques to heal the healer. She studied Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and trained as a facilitator. She studied Vipassana Meditation at Spirit Rock Meditation Center. She learned compassion practices from studying Vajrayana Buddhism at Tara Mandala Meditation Center. Other notable influences in the development of this workshop include Rick Hanson, Christine Neff and Nonviolent Communication. During this experiential and career-changing workshop, Sara will teach you how to calm the mind, soothe the emotions and speak up for the profession.
Financial: Sara Lefkowitz is a tenured nursing faculty for College of Marin. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Sara Lefkowitz is a member of the American Nurses Association; and the San Francisco Bay Area Tara Mandela Sangha.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.