Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on March 12, 2019.
- Audio CD - 4+ hours Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- VANESSA RUIZ, ND, RN-BSN
- PESI HealthCare
- 3/12/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Analyze 3-day diet diaries for optimal nutritional wellness.
- Create a personal weight loss narrative that is empowering.
- Evaluate different diet options to select the optimal diet for your personal weight loss goal.
- Assess personal habits and behaviors that lead to weight gain.
- Plan a personal weight loss action program.
- Analyze supplements that have shown benefit for weight loss.
- Understand the psychology behind weight loss.
- Implement the 9 Foundations of Healthy Weight Management into your lifestyle.
Challenges of Weight Management
Food Restrictions Alone Almost Guarantee Diet Failure… There are Nutritional Musts for Success
- Causes of weight gain: Diet-binge cycles, stress and overeating
- Common medical causes of weight gain
- Deconstructing cravings: What causes them and how to overcome them
- 80/20 nutrition: How to "treat" yourself without feeling deprived
- How to increase your metabolism naturally
- Stress and its impact on weight management
- Your body's nutritional needs
- Macronutrients: Carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- Hydration and its effect on weight loss
- Hormones and their role in weight management
9 Foundations of Healthy Weight Management
- Optimal diets for weight loss and why fad diets don't work
- Analyzing your diet and lifestyle diary
- Habits and behaviors that lead to weight gain
- Why are you eating when you aren't hungry?
- Why are you eating past the point of feeling full?
- Eating, weight, emotions, anxiety, depression can all go hand in hand; break the cycle!
Supplements that are Beneficial for Weight Loss and Management
- Food preparation: How to make quick and convenient meals
- Quality nutrition and food choices
- The psychology of eating: Overeating, shame and self-loathing
- Exercise and motion
- Sleep and recovery
- Developing successful skills for weight management
- Restoration and stress management
- Long-term weight loss habits and mindset
- Creating a supportive environment for weight management
Your Weight Loss Narrative - Creating a New Story
- Green Tea / Caffeine
- Fish Oil
- Adaptogens: Rhodiola, Eleuthero
Develop Your Personal Weight Loss Action Plan
- Visualizing the ideal weight goal
- Identifying obstacles in your narrative
- Understanding the process of weight loss
- End your unhealthy relationship with food
- Learn to like your body image now
- Creating a new weight loss narrative
- Reasonable goal-making for weight loss
- Objective and subjective indicators of success
VANESSA RUIZ, ND, RN-BSN
Vanessa Ruiz is a naturopathic physician and registered nurse. She utilizes natural therapies in an integrative setting at Integrative Mental Health Center in Scottsdale, Arizona. Dr. Ruiz specializes in natural therapies for both behavioral health and medical conditions. She earned her doctorate of naturopathic medicine at Southwest College in Tempe, Arizona, and her nursing degree from Stony Brook University, New York. She has been featured in YRM Podcast and the "Dig Deep Documentary". She has been a practicing nurse for over 10 years, in the areas of pediatrics, geriatrics and global health. She is the founder of Nurses for Natural Health, an organization dedicated to educating and empowering nurses in natural health. In her spare time, she volunteers for the Medical Reserve Corps of New York, Naturopaths without Borders and Homeopaths without Borders.
Financial: Vanessa Ruiz is a physician at Enliven Mental Health Center. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Vanessa Ruiz is a member of the Psych ANP.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.