Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on December 7, 2018.
- DVD Video Instructions
- 6 hr 20 min
- DR. DONNA WEEKS, DNP, APN, RNC-OB, C-EFM
- PESI HealthCare
- 12/7/2018 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Analyze key assessment needs of high risk labor patients to know when care needs to be escalated.
- Distinguish early warning signs in the obstetrical patient that may lead to maternal or infant morbidity or mortality.
- Predict the management course and patient care needs in various clinical examples using sample evidence-based protocols.
- Determine your level of readiness to respond to emergencies for high risk pregnancies.
- Develop strategies for effective communication and teamwork during these most challenging times.
- Interpret the possible causes of a post-partum hemorrhage and appropriate management for each.
- Discuss the course of pre-eclampsia, eclampsia and HELLP and identify appropriate treatment.
- Are YOU Ready?
- Preparing for the High-Risk Patient
- Guidelines, Tool Kits, Protocols & Policies
- Unit Readiness
- Ensuring Staff Preparedness for a Crisis
- Preventing Traumatic Birth & Poor Outcomes
- OB Triage Challenges
- ED vs. OB - Deciphering Which Patient & Which Dept.
- Legal Pitfalls
- Disposition Decisions - Do you Agree?
- Maternal Fetal Triage Index
- Defining Best Practices
- Hypertension in Pregnancy
- Pre-eclampsia: It's Not Over Until it's Over
- Diagnostic Criteria
- Effect on Body Systems
- Lab Tests & Expected Findings
- Critical Effects
- Medication Management
- Key Clinical Pearls
- Obstetrical Hemorrhage
- Antepartum Causes: PPH is NOT the Diagnosis
- Postpartum Causes
- Invasive Placenta: Acreta, Increta, Percreta
- Emergency Management
- Recognize & Escalate
- Fluids & Blood Products
- Debriefing Process
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Interventions You MUST Know
- Risk Factors: ADOPE
- Emergency Maneuvers
- Maternal Effects
- Newborn Effects
- Critical Points in Documentation
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis in Pregnancy
- Diabetic Goals & Patient Management
- Care During Labor & Delivery
- Key Assessments
- Avoiding DKA
- Emergency Management
- Amniotic Fluid Embolism
- Defined Criteria
- Symptoms & Causes
- Emergency Algorithm
- High Morbidity & Mortality
- Frequent Rehearsal of Critical Actions
- Critical Documentation Points
- Perinatal Infections
- Group B Strep
- Decreasing or Still a Threat?
- Current Recommendations
- Perinatal Transmission of HIV
- Update on ZIKA
- Sepsis in Pregnancy
- Recognizing Signs & Symptoms
- Critical Lab Values
- Emergent Interventions
- Surviving Sepsis Bundle
DR. DONNA WEEKS, DNP, APN, RNC-OB, C-EFM
Dr. Donna Weeks has over 25 years of maternal child nursing experience where she has held roles from staff nurse, to manager, recruiter, and educator and is currently practicing as a Clinical Nurse Specialist at JFK Medical Center. Donna has been instrumental in leading AWHONN's Postpartum Hemorrhage Project as well as the Baby Friendly Initiative at her facility. She also serves an Adjunct Professor at Kaplan University, teaching in the graduate program.
Dr. Weeks' nursing education includes a BSN through the State University of New York, a MSN from The College of New Jersey and a DNP through Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. Additionally, she is certified in Inpatient Obstetrics and Electronic Fetal Monitoring, is an NRP Instructor, and an AWHONN Instructor in a variety of topical areas. Donna's vast knowledge and expertise allow her to present the most challenging concepts in a way that is easy to understand.
Financial: Donna Weeks is an adjunct instructor for Kaplan University. She has an employment relationship with JFK Medical Center. Dr. Weeks receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Donna Weeks is a member of the Association of Women’s Health Obstetrics and Neonatal Nursing.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
Nurses, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Midwives, Certified Childbirth Educators/Doulas
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.