Now Available For Preorder
This item is expected to ship 4-6 weeks after the event on July 12, 2019.
- Audio CD - 4+ hours Instructions
- Multi-disc audio recording with electronic manual and instructions.
- LORI KUCHARSKI, MA, LMFT, LPC, CEDS
- PESI Inc.
- 7/12/2019 - Available Now for Pre-Order
- CE Available:
- Yes, See CE credit tab for complete continuing education details
- Product Code:
- Express a thorough understanding of childhood trauma, attachment, dissociation, and the researched, causal link to disordered eating.
- Utilize evidence-based, assessment tools and interventions for disordered eating, trauma, and dissociation, as well as spouses/partners and families/caregivers.
- Examine the history of eating disorder treatment, disordered eating in the United States, and the socio-political/cultural factors involved in disordered eating.
- Identify how to diagnose and treat non-DSM-5® disordered eating.
- Evaluate personal behaviors or counter-transference that could be impeding treatment efficacy.
- Apply case studies and conceptualization for incorporating body-positive terminology, awareness and intervention.
Prepare Yourself for Every Stage of the Therapy Process
Implement Comprehensive Clinical Assessments
- Intake Strategies for Successful Therapeutic Intervention
- Looking beyond anorexia, bulimia and bingeing
- Conclusive questions for improving your client intake
- Red flags of disordered eating
- Address common issues that may not be in DSM-5®: Orthorexia, compulsive overeating, diabulimia
- Digging for the roots: is the disordered behavior a result of previous trauma?
Techniques and Interventions to Transform Your Therapy
- How to choose the right assessment for your client
- Specific assessments for the spectrum of disordered eating and trauma
- Additional tools for depression, trauma, or other comorbid conditions
- How and when to use assessments for tracking progress
- Frequency considerations – get what you need without client burnout
- Collaboration within the treatment team
Put It All into Action: Considerations for Implementation Into Your Practice
- Non-diet paradigm to transform your client’s relationship with food
- Health at Every Size (HAES)
- Intuitive eating
- Respect, love and nurturance for self
- Reframing your approach as the clinician
- Trauma-informed tactics for each stage of counseling
- Trauma Specific Evaluation of Intake Procedure: what NOT to say/do
- Process and treat trauma and dissociation
- Determine the appropriate order of interventions
- Avoid re-traumatization
- Therapeutic techniques that assist in stabilization
- IFS Mapping: Address the various mindsets of each patient
- Attachment focused work: Self and others
- Art and sand tray interventions, journaling/logging
- Therapeutic approaches for stabilization
- Evaluate the Window of Tolerance
- Incorporation of Polyvagal Theory to increase client stability
- Prevent overwhelming trauma symptoms
- Overcome common blocks in therapy
- Systemic vs. individual: When to include family/partners
- Self of the therapist exercise: Countertransference, bias
- Case discussions and video demonstrations
- Effective documentation for ongoing treatment
- Risks and limitations
LORI KUCHARSKI, MA, LMFT, LPC, CEDS
Lori Kucharski, MA, LMFT, LPC, CEDS, has practiced therapy since 2004 in a variety of settings: private clinical practice, supervision, training/consultation, and teaching graduate courses. She is currently completing her Ph.D. dissertation on trauma-informed education. She is a clinical member and Approved Supervisor for the AAMFT and a Certified Therapist, Approved Consultant, and Training Provider through EMDRIA. As the regional coordinator for the regional EMDRIA and Trauma Recovery Networks, she specializes in complex trauma, disordered eating, and attachment. She has presented and trained on disordered eating and trauma since 2011 and advocates for body positivity, holistic wellness in trauma recovery, and disordered eating awareness.
Financial: Lori Kucharski maintains a private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Lori Kucharski is a member and Consultant/Trainer for EMDRIA/TRN/HAP. She does not receive compensation.
Continuing Education Credits
CE Information Coming Soon
Continuing education credit information is coming soon for this non-interactive self-study package.
CEs may be available for select professions, as listed in the target audience. Hours will be dependent on the actual recording time. Please check with your state licensing board or organization for specific requirements.
There may be an additional fee for CE certificates. Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
**Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized practice of mental health professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your professions standards.
Your satisfaction is our goal and our guarantee. Concerns should be addressed to PESI HealthCare, P.O. Box 1000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-1000 or call (800) 844-8260.
We would be happy to accommodate your ADA needs; please call our Customer Service Department for more information at (800) 844-8260.